Friday 19 April 2013

front cover post

For my front cover image the theme was 1970-1980's. I decided not to go along with this as i found it hard to find props to make my cover image this theme. So later in the production of my music magazine i have went for a simple image of my brother Cameron, he is on the background of a brick wall. The theme for my music magazine is pop but the music that still relates to both genders. In the music magazine i am going to have bands and groups for males and pop singers for females. This is why i have chosen a dark coloured image. The sort of bands that i am going to include in my music magazine are groups such as: Pretty Wreckless, Lady Gaga and The Wanted.

The image for the front cover:
The front cover image is on a plain, brick wall. This makes the person look more noticeable and stand out more. After i had taken the picture i had noticed that there was a stain on the jumper he was wearing. For me to be able to use the image i have had to get rid of the stain. I did this by use the clamp tool on AdobePhotoshop. This then removed the stain and was no longer viseable.







For the text i am going to use white font colour. This is because the white will stand out more and will then not blend in to much with the background as this may make the title not noticeable. I am showing on this print screen me using on AdobePhotoshop choosing the colour white for my master head.






The font for the masterhead i have chosen is bold and stands out, this will catch the readers eye. The name of the font is called Stencil. In the print screen it will show my choosing the font and the font size which is 400pt.
  
This is my front cover for the music magazine. I have put no colour on yet as i am struggle to choose, this is due to the different colour contrasts with the wall and the jumper of the model. I am sticking with the colour white for the master head, this is because it stands out and when i add colour it will be different and not be all one colour, as that could make it boring and unattractive. I have changed the font of the master head. I had found the font from a website called 'www.dafont.com'. I could not find a font that i wanted on Adobe Photoshop so i decided to use one from the website above.

Images
I am not going to use images on my front cover apart from my main image, this is because i want it to aim at a older teen age. Also by placing loads of pictures on the front cover may make the magazine look tacky and miss lead the type of audience i am aiming for. 
The final colours i decided to use where orange and white with a drop back shadow. The drop back shadow made the font stand out more which then this makes it more eye catching.


No comments:

Post a Comment