Thursday 4 April 2013

Evaluation- What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?

During the production of the music magazine i used different technologies and different websites for me to produce a varied final product. I used Adobe Photoshop as one of my main technologies. The skills i learnt were using all the tools such as the background colour, this is a main skill because the colour of the background is one of the main features which will attract the audience. I have used photoshop before in basic situations, but have never used it in the detail i had to use for the production of my magaizine. One of the other skills i learnt while having the oppotunity to work with the document was to find out how to use the drop shadow tool. This tool was effectful because it allowed the font to stand out more due to the black shadow behind, in result of this it will then make it more eye catching and more encouraging to get readers to read it. . I had found the quality of the document was really good and it allowed me to see clearly to the areas of my magazine pages where i needed to change. Whereas on a Microsoft work and Microsoft publisher document was not as clear and also the quality was'nt as effective as Adobe Photoshop.
Using paint to copy and paste the 'Dafont' fonts into and then onto photoshop as it was not possible to transfer the font directly to Adobe Photoshop. On Paint it is a basic document and i only used this to transfer things over to blogger or onto photoshop which may not be available to be transfered straight over to the more developed document softwares.
Microsoft publisher was another technologie i used for constructiung my magazine. I used this software to product my mock up of the music magazine. I did not find this very effectful as the quality of the page was not as good as when i used Adobe Photoshop. Although Microsoft Publisher was good for basic productions i had to make such as my mock up magaiznes.
I used my Iphone 4s to take the pictures for my magazine, as i didnt have a camera. I found that using my iphone was much more easier and more simple than using a camera. I also found that the quality of the pictures where much more clearer and were very good pixels.
Using blogger was another technology i learn to use, and this was one of the most important skills i needed to have to record the progress and startagey's to produce my magazine. I used blogger briefly before i did my magazine coursework when i was practising on how to create a college magazine. During the progress of creating my magazine i have learnt how to add photo's and have learnt in much more depth how to use blogger. I think it is a great way to design coursework as i find that i can organise my self more when using a computer.
Slideshare is another technology i have learnt to use as this is another way to create notes and this overall makes it more fun and interesting to watch and read, as i feel that i learn more from a few points rather than lots of writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment