Friday 5 April 2013

Evaluation-How does your media represent particular social groups?

Whilst producing my magazine i had to keep thinking about features which would relate to the particular social group i am aiming for. Such as on the front cover and on the content pages the images represent this because of the clothing they are wearing is very modern but casual. The main model's image was perfect for doing this as the recent trend is comb overs, short sided hair cuts with round necked jumpers. So with my model wearing these and showing this style then this is then therefore representing the social groups of young teenagers who like to have a good image of themselves. With the genre of my magazine being pop, i researched the most common pop singers and i found that they most wear simular clothing, and this then made it clear to me that i wanted my model to wear the exact same. As well as how the model's image comes across i also think the pose is one of the main feautres which have a big effect on the responce to a specifc social group. Pop music, the genre of my music magazine is about fun and also seriousness within, so therefore i need to think about how i wanted my model to pose. In the end i made my model come across serious but for the other 2 models i used they looked happy and like they were enjoying themselves. By using this then it results that i am getting a mix of serious and enjoyment. I wanted my music magazine to be original so it made it look uniqe and different so it stood out to all the others, i did this by blending the colours of the orange, the dark wall is the same colour as the models hair colour on the front page, Bright orange to represent fun and being loud to what teenages that i are my target audience are like and what they like to do.
The model on my front cover and on the double page spread mainly is representing the social group i am wanting and also my target audience. The poses he used are original but they also are conventions of real exsisting magazines that represent the same genre and target audience as me. All of the shots used are either close ups or mid shots, this allows the audience to see the full expression of the model and get to feel the emotions that the models are giving off, to give the reader more of a realistic feel to the magazine. Also when doing research in other magazines that are exsisting the shots are very simular to the ones i have used.
Overall my magazine represents the social group i am wanting because of the way i have used the features of exsisting magazines that have the same aims and audience as i do, but in effect i have chosen and made my own twists to it such as types of models and how they pose so it make it different and stand out to other competitors.

No comments:

Post a Comment